Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-Forge bugs in the tracker?
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:40:21 +0200

tor, 08 09 2011 kl. 20:12 -0500, skrev Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:
> Fine, I say we let Octave-Forge packages go in the non-GNU part of
> Savannah. We won't enforce GNU coding standards on them, nor any
> particular free license as long as it's GPL compatible. We can keep
> using svn because people are more comfortable with it. But at least
> bring them closer to Octave.

Carnë summarised my opinions nicely, so I won't repeat them.

It seems to me that *if* a move to Savannah should happen then it should
better thought-through; right now it seems like the plan is to move and
see what happens; I'm not convinced that this is a good strategy.

Another issue is lack of manpower. At least I do not have the resources
to make things like this happen.

Søren