Re: Windows and free software

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Windows and free software
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:56:22 -0400

On Sep 12, 2011, at 12:23 PM, John Swensen wrote:

> That is a pretty narrow-minded position.  If Windows users weren't already
> hesitant to contribute, comments like this are sure to drive them away.  I
> think everyone needs to cool it.
>
> John Swensen

I agree. I'd like us to avoid efforts or comments to hinder the development on
Windows. In fact, I'd like to encourage Windows users to join in the
development effort.

At the same time, I have no problem with ignoring those who bemoan the
developers for not doing more to support Windows.  I also have no objection
toward any one who choses not to contribute to supporting Octave Windows.

Ben