Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:16:14 -0400

On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Dr. Alexander Klein wrote:

Am 15.09.2011 um 13:51 schrieb Ben Abbott:

I understand that you have GNUTERM set to x11 in each case, but is the window under octave actually x11 or is it an aquaterm window? Does aquaterm start when you plot?

Ben,

it's definitely gnuplot, I don't even have aquaterm installed!

Alex

hmmm .... gnuplot can use aquaterm or x11 to display it plots. In both cases, "its definitely gnuplot", but its also something else.

If the plot window is from x11 then it will have the x11 icon in the title bar. If it is aqua there will be no icon in the title bar. I've attached examples of each.

The x11 window will also display the mouse position in the lower left of the figure window, and will use a larger linewidth and font weight.

Ben