Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:12:19 +0200

Am 15.09.2011 um 14:16 schrieb Ben Abbott:

The x11 window will also display the mouse position in the lower left of the figure window, and will use a larger linewidth and font weight.

Ben,

I should have written "definitely x11", sorry. As I said, I don't have aquaterm installed or compiled in, see below:

uni% gnuplot

        G N U P L O T
        Version 4.2 patchlevel 2
        last modified 31 Aug 2007
        System: Darwin 9.8.0

        Copyright (C) 1986 - 1993, 1998, 2004, 2007
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual.
        The gnuplot FAQ is available from http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/

Send bug reports and suggestions to <http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot >

Terminal type set to 'x11'
gnuplot> set term aqua
                  ^
unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal' for a list

gnuplot>

On the other hand, when I do

octave:10> plot_stream=__gnuplot_open_stream__ (1 )
plot_stream =  8
octave:11> fprintf(plot_stream,"splot sin(x)*cos(y) wi pm3d\n")
octave:12> fflush (plot_stream )

then I get a window where the mouse works.

The x11 window will also display the mouse position in the lower left of the figure window, and will use a larger linewidth and font weight.

Now that's interesting, since what I get from my X11 terminal looks pretty much like what you get from aquaterm in terms of line style and font weight, _and_ I don't see any coordinates in the lower left (see attached image)!

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT Zentrum
Raum 543                       |        für Numerische Methoden
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen

PNG image