Re: Need uicontrol sample files

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: Need uicontrol sample files
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:26:01 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:15:38 +0100
Von: Michael Goffioul<address@hidden>
An: Octave Maintainers List<address@hidden>
Betreff: Need uicontrol sample files
Hi,

I'm currently implementing support for uicontrol in octave (along with
a Qt-based graphics backend). I've got quite a few controls available now
and I'd like to start testing it with some real examples. Being a bit
lazy,
I'm looking for ready-to-use examples.

So if you know of a nice m-file that makes use of uicontrol, please
let me know (although not mandatory, a screenshot of what it looks like
in a numerical-software-that-implements-uicontrol would also be nice).

Thanks,
Michael.
Very good news! If you have installed the other product in parallel you could
try one of their demos e.g. xpbombs.m, life.m etc.

But I suspect you don't have matlab available.
No, I don't. And to be honest, I'd prefer examples that are not copyrighted.

Do you have menus implemented as well?
Not yet, but I will, eventually.

Michael.

The following site has some examples:
http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/bionb441/GUIdesign/

Example2 works
Example3 (http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/bionb441/GUIdesign/simpleGUIloop.m) works in matlab Example 4 (http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/bionb441/GUIdesign/HHgraph.m) works in matlab
Example5 gives a syntax error
Example6 does not work
Example7 works

I can send you screenshots from the examples above if needed.

Kai