Re: Finally, succesful developer build on OSX.

From: c.
Subject: Re: Finally, succesful developer build on OSX.
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:23:44 +0200

On 21 Sep 2011, at 19:00, address@hidden wrote:

> Am 20.09.2011 um 20:35 schrieb John W. Eaton:
>
>> This problem has been reported before, and I think it is due to a
>> version of flex that generates bad code.
>>
>> [...]
>> What version of flex do you have?
>
> [nothing:~] prog% flex --version
> flex 2.5.35
>
> Is any version known to work correctly on OSX?
>
>       Alex

I don't think checking the version number is enough, I have:

$ /usr/bin/flex --version
flex 2.5.35

shiped with OSX, and

$ /sw/lib/flex/bin/flex --version
flex 2.5.35

installed with fink.

The first version generates the problem you see while the second doesn't.
I think the version shipping with OSX was patched by Apple and the patch is
responsible for the problem,
this was discussed on this list long time ago you should be able to find more
details in the archives.
c.