Re: Handling "parfor" as "for"

From: Mark Everitt
Subject: Re: Handling "parfor" as "for"
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to emphasise that parfor is intended for use only in "embarrassingly
parallel" cases. i.e. each loop iteration must not depend on any other. That
being the case, "parfor" can always be substituted for "for" in Matlab.
Strangely enough, when a matlabpool is not available, Matlab actually
interprets the loop backwards, at least in the version I have available. A
straightforward replace of "parfor" with "for" in code is what is currently
needed to run code in octave, but this is rather irritating with large
volumes of code.

I hope this helps.