Re: Handling "parfor" as "for"

From: Mark Everitt
Subject: Re: Handling "parfor" as "for"
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 01:21:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John,

Sorry, I meant no disrespect. I was just keen to underline that I think it's
inline with the direction that Octave is going in by increasing
compatibility.

I'm short on time and sadly a lowly postdoc with limited funds. However, I
may be able to crowbar pararrayfun from forge into doing the job cheaply. If
I do manage to do this then I'll forward my implementation to this list.
OpenMP is the obvious candidate as mentioned by Jussi, but my low level
programming isn't up to that challenge right now.

In the mean time, my original question is still open. I'm not so much
interested in Octave implementing parfor as I am working around it. Is it
possible to easily add a new keyword (in this case parfor) and alias it to
for in my own code? I'm hoping that there's a mechanism for this.

Mark