Build success for 3.4.3-rc0 on Linux, Kubuntu 10.04

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Build success for 3.4.3-rc0 on Linux, Kubuntu 10.04
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:10:44 -0400

On 30-Sep-2011, John W. Eaton wrote:

| In the short term, we could restore the test for POSIX regex functions
| to configure.ac (but without disabling PCRE if they are found) and
| make this work again, or we could just let it slide since this is
| likely a very seldom-used option to the clear function and we have
| seen no reports about it.  Probably very few people even know about it
| and fewer people use it.

I guess I was wrong about the no reports about it, since we just
received one this morning about this absolutely critical feature...

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?34440

But seriously, I don't think this is terribly important.  Using
globbing patterns with clear still works (and doesn't require a
special option to the clear function), and how many people really need
the full power of regular expressions in this context?