Re: Ideas for auto BSX

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Ideas for auto BSX
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:02:18 -0700

On 09/30/2011 12:31 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
I think making this a global option (and now we quibble over the
default, on by default, or off by default?) is going to be the only
solution.

- Jordi G. H.
Skipping ahead to John's reply, I agree that a global option is not
a good idea.  So, I do think that leaving it as is is the best choice.
It would be good to make this behavior VERY clear in the documentation.
And, I would hope that most people will see that the benefits of this
behavior far outweigh the possibilities for hard to track bugs.  It would
have been best if matrix algebra had been defined this way in the first
place.

Michael