Re: Octave 3.4.3-rc0 release candidate available for ftp

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4.3-rc0 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 23:43:57 -0700

On 10/01/2011 04:21 AM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 23:00:59 -0700
Michael D Godfrey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried a build of the devel system in fc15 after installing the
> fftw3 from fc13.
> The fftfilt test fails exactly as it did previously on fc15. So, it
> does not appear
> to be the version of fftw3.  gcc update is a candidate.
That's quite interesting, since my build on f15 (x86_64) succeeded
without the fftfilt problem, I only get the unexpected error with svds I
reported before.
-- Jussi Lehtola Fedora Project Contributor address@hidden
This configuration problem is now resolved.  The fftfilt failure is due to
the following configuration:

address@hidden ~]# rpm -qa|grep fft
fftw2-2.1.5-22.fc15.x86_64
fftw2-devel-2.1.5-22.fc15.x86_64
fftw-3.2.2-5.fc15.x86_64
================================

I am not sure how this configuration came about, but the effect was
that, since fftw-devel-3.2.2-5.fc15.x86_64 was not installed, octave
used some combination of fftw2-devel and fftw-3.

Installing
fftw-devel-3.2.2-5.fc15.x86_64 on the failing systems fixed the
problem.  I should have caught this sooner, but maybe the ./configure
tests for fftw2 or fftw3 could be made to check that both the base fftw and
the -devel match up.  Or at least document that one or the other
should be chosen, or both should be installed including the -devel components.

Anyhow, sorry about all the confusion over this.

Michael