Re: Ideas for auto BSX

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: Ideas for auto BSX
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:39:30 +0200

Hello Jordi,

Am 01.10.2011 um 18:05 schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:

> Do you think most users of numpy are horribly confused by what numpy
> calls broadcasting?

I think that it's probably just a matter of getting used to, and if it works in
a given context, I see no reason to avoid it. Aside from that I have no opinion
about numpy, because I don't know it.

I've just taken a closer look at Kronecker algebra and the - and + operators
there are in fact still different from your BSX extension.

So, for the time being, I think we may really leave them in place, display a
prominent warning and just see what happens.

Kind regards,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT Zentrum
Raum 543                       |        für Numerische Methoden
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen