Re: Frozen stable branch?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Frozen stable branch?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 08:13:05 -0400

On Oct 2, 2011, at 11:01 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

> Since we now have an -rc0 release, does this mean the stable branch is
> now frozen? I think it should be and so does Rik. Just want to make
> sure we're all on the same page here.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

My impression what all bug fixes and doc improvements were to be committed to
stable indefinitely.

Meaning I didn't expect the stable branch to be frozen after 3.4.x.

I did expect to see the default branch merged into the stable branch once we
are sure there will be no more releases of 3.4.x, and have moved on to 3.6.x.

Is my understanding wrong?

Ben