c++ feval matrix copies

From: Kyle Husmann
Subject: c++ feval matrix copies
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 19:30:41 -0700

Hi,

I'm writing a program in C++ that calls a function in octave to do its
processing. I'm calling my function using the method described in the
"Calling GNU Octave functions/m-files from C++" section of
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?CategoryExternal.

My question is regarding the number of copies that occur with the
invocation of "feval". In the wiki example, is a copy of inMatrix
created when feval is called? I've looked a little at the source and
can't find any myself, but I realize that hidden copies can be sneaky.

The reason I'm asking is because I'd like to surrounded the "feval"
call with a loop, and have inMatrix be quite large. Is this feasible?

Thanks!
Kyle