Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:57:02 +0200

Am Montag, den 10.10.2011, 15:45 +0100 schrieb Michael Goffioul:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The whole problem here is that it simply does not work to include the
> > stdint.h C99 header into the C++ program.
>
> ??
> Octave is including that file, in config.h.
Never looked at that. But to be a bit more precise that should have
been:

You cannot include a C99 header into C++ and expect that all defines
which are made in that header work in the C++ program (some of these
defines are conditional and only in effect if the program which includes
it is C99).

instead of the short description I used, sorry, hope that is a better
wording.

> > The clean solution would be to #include <cstdint> instead, but that
> > means with the g++ compiler to pass the switch -std=c++0x otherwise this
> > header is not supported.
> > Maybe a less intrusive way is to simply check for __WORDSIZE == 32 (or
> > 64) since that is defined as far as I can see.
>
> Maybe, but I have to check first whether it would work on my platform
> (I'm not using gcc).
>
> Michael.
Good point, I think __WORDSIZE is a gnu extension.
I guess the really clean solution will be to have some configure script
which checks it?