Re: changeset to Only add default menus for FLTK toolkit

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: changeset to Only add default menus for FLTK toolkit
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:24:05 +0100

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> The changeset
>
>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/09b157ab2672
>
> introduces three test failures for me:
[snip]
> I'm not sure what the best fix is.  We could skip or alter tests for
> some graphics toolkits, but they should probably not fail.

Sorry about that. I disabled these default menus, because it makes it difficult
to have "built-in" menus and differentiate them from menus created with uimenu,
when these built-in menus are also created with uimenu. Moreover a toolkit
might want to add a specific entry to one of these default menus.

Now about the tests, I think they are not written properly. They rely on
the existence on internal data and also on the number of such data.
For instance, if you add a default top-level menu, allchild test will fail.
If you add an item to any of the existing menus, findall test fill also fail.
Instead of relying on internal data, the tests should create the data they
want to use.

Michael.