Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:37:08 +0100

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Joaquim Luis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did in a Fedora 15 VM running on Windows.
> It was my first Octave build and, about that I can say that building
> instructions could be a bit better. The configure script warned me about
> things that I didn't have and would not be built with (normal) but than make
> error on it. For example OpenGL and tex2info were a couple that I remember.
> But fine, I got something. However, this simple example starts but crash
> immediately when I move the figure.
>
> h=plot(1:10);hP = uimenu('Parent',h,'Label','Plates');

What you're trying to do (context menus) is not supported yet.
Hopefully that's the cause of the crash. Could you try something else
that does not use context menus. You can for instance create regular
menus in the figure menubar, create controls like buttons, sliders,
edits...

> And thanks a lot for this initiative. For a long time that I wanted to port
> my program 'Mirone' (w3.ualg.pt./~jluis/mirone) out of Matlab and it seams
> that time is coming.

Some time ago I asked on the mailing list whether anybody had some
samples using uiXXXX objects. If you have some, feel free to send them to
me, such that I can use them for testing when developing. Note that the
link above didn't work.

Michael.