Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: QtHandles: Qt-based toolkit with uicontrol/uipanel support
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:21:15 +0100

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM, J. Luis <address@hidden> wrote:
> h = plot(1:10);
>
> hP = uimenu('Parent',h, ...  % 'h' is the handle to the fig created by plot.

According to documentation, the output value of "plot" is a(are)
handle(s) to the
line object(s) created. It's possible that you're using here some undocumented
feature of Matlab, where it'll find the ancestor figure of h, when h
is not a valid
uimenu parent (just guessing here).

> Mirone figures were almost all created with GUIDE and exported to .m but I
> than got rid  of about 90% of the trash code generated by GUIDE. They are
> now very compact and simple to read. However, they still use 'guidata' and
> 'guihandles' which I believe have not ported equivalent in Octave. So, right
> now they probably not the best simple examples to use as test but I'm
> interested in helping to port it if you want.
> BTW, you can see the code also at http://code.google.com/p/mirone/

Thanks, looks like an interesting/complete test case, that's what I was
looking for. I'll probably give it a try in the coming days.

Michael.