Re: [Fwd: Simple spy.m fix]

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Simple spy.m fix]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:26:29 -0500

2011/10/12 fotios <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 16:01 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> On 12 October 2011 15:24, fotios <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > ... and for sure i forgot to branch the if statement ... it should be
>> >
>> > if (ischar (varargin{i}))
>> >      if (length (varargin{i}) == 1)
>> >        line_spec = [line_spec, varargin{i}];
>> >      else
>> >        line_spec = varargin{i};
>> >      endif
>>
>> Can you prepare an amended changeset for this? Do you know how to do this?
>
> Nope - to be honest i just learned the meaning of the word amended ;) -
> and google does not help a lot with it.

So it looks like you did "hg commit" and thus created a commit, but
you want to fix (amend) that commit. One way is to rollback that
commit, fix it, and then commit it again like so:

    hg rollback      ## POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. Read more below
    ... fix fix hack hack ...
    hg ci -m "add only colour change possibility in spy.m"

I have told you to use rollback, so the hg Code of Honour demands that
I also tell you why it's a dangerous operation: it undoes the last
modification you've made to your repository's history. Thus, it can
destroy history and potentially make you lose work. In this case, the
last change to your history should be a commit, so it should be safe.
Do

    hg help rollbac

to read an explanation of what it does and

    hg rollback -n

to see what rollback will do without doing it yet. Remove the -n to
actually do whatever rollback will do (in this case, should undo a
commit).

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.