Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2

From: nitnit
Subject: Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

I didn't re-build ant of Tatsuros stuff, I have used the compiled components.
!

My first step as to build a tree from Tatsuro's zip files with which I was
able to build simple oct files:

I have used subsets of octave-3.4.2.zip, OctaveLibs.zip, MinGW-TM.zip,
msys-TM.zip and gplibs.zip from
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/

I have added parts of ghostscript (from gs902w32.exe), pstoedit350,
fig2dev3.2.5c.zip

I have added setting of some environment vars in
<Octave_Folder>/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc

You can find this tree in my Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2_20110914.7z (see link in
my first post).

The second step was to go over each of octaveforge packages and for each one
which doesn't build as is, I had to find missing libraries, and/or missing
defines, and/or make script problems (I have documented them and and will
post them to octaveforge mailing list when I will have time).

You can find all of these in my Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2_pkgs_20111014.7z pkgs
tree.