Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2

From: Joaquim Luis
Subject: Re: Updated octaveforge packages built for Mingw Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Philip,

I'm aware of the Tatsuro build description and actually I'm using he's
gplibs and OcatveLibs package that I think are packages needed for the
build. As for the others like MinGW-TM.zip, msys-TM.zip and GnuWin32-TM.zip
I didn't install them as think they are already installed by the mingw
installer and in fact I din't have any complain about missing packages yet.
MinGW is already messy enough so that I won't started putting things
manually inside it.

But I don't understand why I'm having this problems you guys don't. After
all I am using the same building system - MINGW -. Actually it compiled for
several hours and problem after problem I reached to this final one.

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
../libcruft/libcruft.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: library `/c/MinGW/OctaveLibs/lib/libhdf5.la' was
moved.
/bin/grep: /mingw/lib/libm.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /mingw/lib/libm.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/mingw/lib/libm.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [liboctinterp.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/SVN/octave/src'

So now is a linking issue.

How many different MinGW are out there in the while? Why don't they all do
the same thing?

Joaquim