Re: Windows binaries and 3.2.4

From: fork
Subject: Re: Windows binaries and 3.2.4
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:03:05 +0000 (UTC)

Rik <octave <at> nomad.inbox5.com> writes:

> 10/27/11
>
> It seems that there has been great success in getting 3.4.3 to build on
> Windows platforms.  Is it safe to point Windows users to this new
> distribution?

The most recent release is great, except that FLTK is both unstable and the
default graphics engine.  I would fix one of those before pointing users to the
distribution.

I would also make sure that the settings for default fonts are the ones that
make FLTK work, since a lot of people will want to keep their octaverc as-is and
not tweak a lot of settings.