Octave 3.4.3 Ubuntu 11.10 issues

From: JuanPi
Subject: Octave 3.4.3 Ubuntu 11.10 issues
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:56:30 +0200

Hi,
After a clean install of Ubuntu 11.10 I did
> sudo apt-get install build-essential
> sudo apt-get build-dep octave3.2

Then ./configure but bison and libfontconfig-dev are still missing so

> sudo apt-get bison libfontconfig-dev

After this configure, make (1:30 hr in 2.0 Ghz) and make check works
perfectly.  However when plotting I am getting errors due to missing
x11 for gnuplot
so

> sudo apt-get gnuplot

And gnuplot-x11 will be installed.

Then there is another warning concerning gnuplot when using wxt
terminal ("pixmap module not found") to fix it I did

> sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-pixbuf

After this I see no more errors and so far everything runs smoothly.

I will do a checkinstall deb package for this version of Ubuntu.

Cheers

--
JuanPi Carbajal
-----