Extending opengl_renderer

From: Lars Jahr Røine
Subject: Extending opengl_renderer
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 17:27:45 +0100

Hello,

As part of my master thesis I'm going to make customized plotting function for the plotting of unstructured grids in octave. I've decided to do this by modifying and extending the opengl_renderer class located in gl-render.cc (Part of the thesis is to speed up plotting which now uses the patch() function, so I'm going to make use of OpenGL3.3 or newer and avoid the fixed function pipeline.)

I've played around a bit with the gl-code and the code in graphics.cc. My problem however is that whenever I do a change and compile the code it takes forever (1.5 minutes). What is the normal approach to writing and testing part of the graphics code? Is there some way to compile only certain parts of the source code? Any hints and tips are greatly appreciated.

I should mention that I'm quite unaccustomed to working with such a large code base, so I apologize if my questions seem naive :)

Regards,

Lars