Re: Extending opengl_renderer

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Extending opengl_renderer
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:46:01 -0600

On 30 October 2011 10:27, Lars Jahr Røine <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've played around a bit with the gl-code and the code in
> graphics.cc. My problem however is that whenever I do a change and
> compile the code it takes forever (1.5 minutes).

Octave does take a long time to build. The problem is that it's deeply
interdependent. liboctinterp depends on liboctave depends on libcruft.
If you touch one of those, you have to rebuild the latter one in the
chain. Plus you have to relink every oct file in src/DLD-FILES. Two
minutes to wait for a rebuild isn't so long. Think of it as your
moment of zen as you ponder the code you just wrote, and its position
in the universe.

I don't think slowing down your coding a little with 1.5 minutes of
waiting for a rebuild is so bad.

And thanks for helping us improve Octave, this sounds very nice. I
hope your project is successful.

- Jordi G. H.