Obsolete warning IDs

From: Rik
Subject: Obsolete warning IDs
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 09:49:26 -0700

11/5/11

All,

While working on the documentation for warning_ids() I came across several
warnings which *appear* to no longer be implemented.  If this was a
conscious choice I can now remove them from the documentation.  If it is an
accident then we can look at re-instating them.

For example, The documentation of 'empty-list-elements' is

"If the Octave:empty-list-elements warning is enabled, a warning is issued
when an empty matrix is found in a matrix list. For example:
a = [1, [], 3, [], 5]
By default, the Octave:empty-list-elements warning is enabled."

Trying this out,

--- CODE ---
warning ("query", "Octave:empty-list-elements")
ans =

  scalar structure containing the fields:

    identifier = Octave:empty-list-elements
    state = off
--- END CODE ---

So the documentation is wrong and the warning is not enabled by default.

--- CODE ---
warning ("on", "Octave:empty-list-elements")
a = [1, [], 3, [], 5]
a =

   1   3   5
--- END CODE ---

There is no warning printed even when the warning is explicitly turned on.

The complete list of warning IDs which fail to produce a warning is:
empty-list-elements
fortran-indexing
future-time-stamp
imag-to-real
num-to-str
reload-forces-clear

Please write if you know that one of these warnings is supposed to work.
Otherwise, I will assume they just holdovers from previous versions and can
be removed from the documentation.

--Rik