Re: FYI: wiki transition in progress

From: Joanna Cheng
Subject: Re: FYI: wiki transition in progress
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:47:26 +1100

2011/11/16 Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden>:
>  For newbies editing a page, it would be nice if e.g. @ the bottom of the
> page were a cheat-sheet of the wiki's syntax. Is this feasible? (or have I
> missed this feature?)

Not sure if it is possible, I don't think it is by default, but there
is probably an extension. If there's enough demand I guess I can look
for it. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mediawiki/wiki/Help:Formatting
is a good reference for wiki syntax, in the meantime.
I have a decent amount of experience in wiki syntax so do let me know
if there's anything specific formatting-wise we want. I suspect before
long I'll need to write a custom template (or two. or five) :)

Juan: I think just pick a page and start porting it. If you can just
copy it over and make an initial save, we'll know someone's claimed
it. Then slowly work on fixing formatting.
Be picky -- I've been told the wiki is fairly out of date, so we
should try and make sure all the info in the new wiki is up-to-date.
Oh, and thanks in advance for your help :)

--Joanna