Re: default color of bar plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: default color of bar plots
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:08:47 -0500

On Nov 18, 2011, at 3:21 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> The changeset
>
>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e36c2f4ea8f5
>
> caused the default color of bar plots to go from blue to a light green
> color.
>
> I could undo the changeset, but I suspect that is not the correct fix.
>
> Is Octave handling clim, cdata, and cdatamapping correctly (as in
> compatible with Matlab) for patch graphics objects?
>
> If not, what is supposed to be happening.  It is my understanding that
> patch objects are supposed to be colored according to the current
> colormap, but I'm not sure what properties affect that behavior, or
> how they are supposed to work.  Some help with this would be much
> appreciated.
>
> jwe

I tried bar(1), which produces a blue bar for ML R2011b and an green one for
Octave (tip: 99cd136079f7).

For Matlab I see ...

        CData = [1;1;1;1]
        CDataMapping = 'scaled'
        FaceColor = 'flat'

With clim = [1 2] for the axes.

and for Octave ...

        cdata = 0
        cdatamapping = 'scaled'
        facecolor = 'flat'

With clim = [-1 1] for the axes.

The climmode for both Octave and Matlab is set to "auto".

Ben