3.6.0 release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: 3.6.0 release
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:36:21 -0500

I would like to focus on making the 3.6.0 release soon.

If you know of important problems that should be fixed, please make
sure they are in the bug tracker and listed with a serverity of
important or blocker.  That way we can sort the list of reported bugs
by severity and work on the most important bugs first.  But please
don't tag every problem that you would like to see fixed as a blocker,
as that would not be not helpful.  Here are some guidelines to decide
whether a problem should be tagged with blocker or important severity:

  * the problem is a regression (i.e., the feature worked in a
    previous version of Octave)

  * the problem causes a crash that can be duplicated on multiple
    systems and is something that is likely to affect many users.

  * the problem leads to incorrect results, can be duplicated on
    multiple systems, and is likely to affect many users.