Re: 3.6.0 release

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: 3.6.0 release
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:59:18 -0800

On 11/29/2011 10:45 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
Yes.  I even did the bisecting twice because I couldn't believe that
this could be the changset that caused it.  Then I tried the above
change on the current sources with the same effect.

| This must the symptom of something else (like uninitialized memory).
| Forcing the use of the octave allocator is IMO not a solution.

Absolutely, this can't be the fix.  But when I run with valgrind with
and without the above change, nothing obvious about uninitialized
memory pops up.  However, there are some messages related to
fontconfig (I think) in both cases.  I'll check again and try to send
details later.

jwe

I should have added two things:
1. I am using ftlk for these tests.
2. It would be good to run some of the other plot
    tests to see if the results are changed by this "fix."

Michael