ls.m behavior

From: Rik
Subject: ls.m behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:56:24 -0800

| | Anyone seeing this?
| |
| |     dir *.m
| |     go_crop.m    go_simple.m  go_test.m
| |     ls *.m
| |     ls: *.m: No such file or directory
| |     error: ls: command exited abnormally with status 1

| This is my fault, for introducing some quoting to try to allow things
| like
|
|   ls foo(1)bar
|
| to work.  I'm not sure what the best fix is, but it can't be as simple
| as what I did.
|
| jwe

What about the attached changeset which escapes anything which isn't an
ordinary word character or a special globbing character?  Using this
approach even the single quote is handled correctly.

I didn't escape the bracket characters [ ] because I think more people
would tend to use them as literal values rather than for globbing.  That is
one potential item to change.

--Rik