RE : Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)

From: Bastien ROUCARIES
Subject: RE : Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 06:46:46 +0100

Yes for sure no need to do a point release.

Bastien

Ps:sorry for top post from my droid on suburban train

Le 1 déc. 2011 10:55, "Sylvestre Ledru" <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hello John,

Le jeudi 01 décembre 2011 à 04:45 -0500, John W. Eaton a écrit :

> On 30-Nov-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | Octave people: can we unbundle ARPACK now?

I will be happy to apply any patches from Octave (and/or give access to
the git repository. FYI, Jordi has access to it).

I am also a Debian Developer and currently doing some minor packaging
tasks on arpack. I will do a first upload of the new version as soon the
patches are applied. I think I will just upload arpack-ng over the
arpack.
Since the two releases are API/ABI compatible, I don't see the point of
going into a useless package transition. To my DD friends (Bastien ?),
do you agree with this approach ?

Sylvestre