Re: segfault on 'make check'

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: segfault on 'make check'
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 22:53:02 -0500

On  5-Dec-2011, Rik wrote:

| > | The error and backtrace is
| > |
| > | /m: fccache.c:507: FcCacheFini: Assertion `fcCacheChains[i] == ((void
*)0)'
| > | failed.
| > |
| > | Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.

Are we using fontconfig incorrectly or is it buggy?  I noticed that
valgrind produces some warnings related to fontconfig functions, but I
did not try to fix them.

Also, I don't see the other crashes.  I'm using Debian x86_64.  What
kind of system do you have?

Although we can apparently avoid the crashes by not calling the
cleanup functions, it seems we are just hiding some other problems if
we do that.  Or there is some error in the way the cleanup functions
work that I'm not seeing.