Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Subject: Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:08:48 +0100

Hello,

Le jeudi 01 décembre 2011 à 05:17 -0500, John W. Eaton a écrit :
> On  1-Dec-2011, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
>
> | Hello John,

> | > I will be happy to do that once there is a release of the "new" ARPACK
> | > that includes the bug fixes we have made for Octave and the new
> | > version is packaged for Debian.

Here is some good news.

I just released a new version [1] called arpack-3.0.tar.gz on the forge
[2].
I uploaded it into the Debian archive [3] and the built when perfectly
fine on all Debian architectures [4] which the new build system.

For information, the Scilab change to use the packaged arpack is pending
into the code review [5].

If you (octave devs) are happy about these changes, please let me know,
I will ping other projects to do the changes too.

Regards,
Sylvestre
[1] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arpack-ng/downloads/
[2] http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arpack-ng/