Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Unbundling ARPACK (for reals this time)
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:35:37 +0100

On 12/11/2011 7:39 PM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:08:48 +0100
Sylvestre Ledru<address@hidden>  wrote:
Here is some good news.

I just released a new version [1] called arpack-3.0.tar.gz on the
forge [2].
I uploaded it into the Debian archive [3] and the built when perfectly
fine on all Debian architectures [4] which the new build system.

Great!

I started working on the Fedora package.

However, there seems to be something wrong with the tarball. When
compiling in Fedora 16, I get

libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[1]: *** [icnteq.lo] Error 63
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.

$ rpm -q libtool
libtool-2.4-7.fc16.x86_64

I think you need to add libtool to the tarball.

try "autoreconf -i"
I had no problem to build arpack on cygwin

Regards
Marco