Re: Ideas for auto BSX

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Ideas for auto BSX
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:28:29 -0500

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> The parser has no knowledge of the sizes of variables.  Those are only
> known when the code is interpreted, and they can change from one call
> to the next.  So there is no translation from the operator notation to
> bsxfun.  But I don't see this as a problem.  If you want your code to
> run in Matlab, then you have to use bsxfun when that is the operation
> you want.

That's fine. Auto bsx is nice and I've lobbied hard for it in the past
(and I'm very glad it's here). Translation to Matlab is just an aspect
of it I hadn't appreciated. I like to lie to myself that I'm writing
code that could be easily translated to Matlab if I really ever had
to, but that day has never come (knock on wood). :D

--judd