Re: Octave 3.5.90: problem with mkoctfile linking to BLAS/LAPACK?

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Octave 3.5.90: problem with mkoctfile linking to BLAS/LAPACK?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:35:49 -0500

On 12/17/11 12:05 PM, Lukas Reichlin wrote:
> On 17.12.2011, at 14:25, Carnë Draug wrote:
>
>> On 16 December 2011 20:36, Lukas Reichlin
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Therefore I would be happy if someone with Octave 3.5.90 could
>>> try to install the control package by
>>>
>>> pkg install -forge control
>>>
>>> and report if it works fine.
>>
>> I can't report about whether it works fine or not (unless you
>> give some test script) but it installs fine in 3.5.90 (Debian
>> squeeze). But if there are tests in the function files, they are
>> already tested then, I think that is done at install time. No
>> errors or warnngs were given.
>>
>> Carnë
>
> Thanks, Carnë. The only test needed so far is pkg install -forge
> control
>
> If it installs without errors on your machine, then Debian seems
> not to be affected. Currently Mac OS X 10.6 is affected with both
> Fink (Alexander) and MacPorts (Me).
>
> Just out of curiosity: Do you use arpack-ng?
> http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/arpack-ng/
>
> Lukas
>
> PS: Execute all tests: test_control Examples: MDSSystem, optiPID

My build used the arpack from the octave-3.5.90 tarball (whatever that
corresponds to).

For another data point, I tried building octave against LAPACK and
BLAS from the system's vecLib framework (which had to be 32-bit).  That
gave me an immediate segfault when I tried "pkg install -forge control"

I'll give 10.7 a try next.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison