Re: How to download the gui on the Mecurial repository and requirements

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: How to download the gui on the Mecurial repository and requirements
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:47:35 +0000

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to challenge to build gui on the Mecurial repository.
> Please show me how to get the source and dependencies  and tools for the
> build.

AFAIK the only dependencies are Qt and QScintilla. But you'll need to
have them built with the same compiler as the one you used to compile
octave (there might be some compatibilities between gcc versions, but
I don't know that). Once you have the deps compiled, then compilation
of the gui should be straightforward:

PATH=/where/octave/is/installed/bin:$PATH qmake
make

Note that you don't have to recompile octave from the gui branch. You
can perfectly compile just the gui-part of the gui branch against an
octave built from the default branch (this is what I actually do).

Michael.