Re: arpack: no rule to make target `arpack/src/dnaupe.f' ?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: arpack: no rule to make target `arpack/src/dnaupe.f' ?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:09:42 -0500

2011/12/21 Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:

> On Dec 21, 2011, at 5:37 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> On 21 December 2011 16:33, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I noticed I was unable to "hg update" due a problem with the gnulib subrepo.
>>
>> I don't know if you're feeling in the mood for it, but if you could
>> report what happened, it may be useful for the bug report you linked
>> to. I'm talking to Matt Mackall (hg's lead dev) in IRC, and he seems
>> mildly interesting in the details of the problem.
>>
> My xterm doesn't save enough info to preserve the build process, so I've lost
> the actual error. But I was able to check my browser's history to see what I
> had cut-n-pasted into google.
>
> The part I searched for was ...
>
>        "abort repository [git]git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib not found"

Huh, the gnulib repo might have been offline at the time you attempted
that, so hg refused to update because it couldn't update the gnulib
subrepo to the state it should have been in. That should just leave
your working directory with a bunch of intermediate changes. If you
try to update again, it will refuse because there are changes in your
working directory. You can wait until the gnulib repo is back online,
and tell hg to attempt to update again and overwrite changes in the
current working directory with "hg update --clean".

I hope this isn't too confusing.

- Jordi G. H.