Re: Snapshot 3.5.91

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Snapshot 3.5.91
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:35:17 -0800

On 12/25/2011 09:53 AM, Thomas Weber wrote:
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 05:31:43PM -0800, Rik wrote:
>  I don't know if this is just my system, but the documentation had to be
>  re-built during the build.  This shouldn't happen and it makes it harder on
>  systems where a complete Texinfo is not available.
Out of curiosity: on which system is the availability of texinfo a
problem?

        Thomas
The problem on Fedora systems is that texi2dvi and texi2pdf are no longer
available in the distribution starting with Fedora 14. And, the texlive packages
from CTAN no longer provide them.  So, they have to be provided by hand.
Some users have complained to CTAN, but
the texlive providers stated that since they do not use these scripts, they
will no longer distribute them.

Does anyone know a better way around this problem?

Michael