ARPACK test case for configure.ac

From: Rik
Subject: ARPACK test case for configure.ac
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:21:20 -0800

12/26/11

John,

I reduced the work you did in bug #31479 to a simple test case that could
be run by configure to verify the installed ARPACK library.  I'm attaching
the file as you can probably insert it more easily into configure.ac.

When I run
g++ -o arpack_libtest -llapack -lblas -larpack arpack_libtest.cc
./arpack_libtest

I get a segfault.  This is built against a problem version of ARPACK that
is shipped with Ubuntu 10.04 (2.1+parpack96.dfsg-2build1).

If I build against the fixed version of ARPACK in libcruft it works

g++ -o arpack_libtest -L/usr/local/lib/octave/3.4.3 -llapack -lblas -lcruft
arpack_libtest.cc
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/octave/3.4.3/
./arpack_libtest

--Rik