Re: mkoctfile urgently needs attention before Octave 3.6.0

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: mkoctfile urgently needs attention before Octave 3.6.0
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:08:44 -0500

On 29 December 2011 15:35, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think the problem is rather that mkoctfile does not understand the
> option -framework Accelerate and does not pass it to the
> compiler/linker

I was wondering if that was it. A while ago, I tried to fix mkoctfile
to pass more options to the compiler and linker correctly with -Wl and
-Wa, but I ended up breaking almost all Octave-Forge packages. A
suggested alternative was to simply pass any unrecognised mkoctfile
options to the compiler and/or linker.

I have a half-written patch back when I tried to do the latter. This
isn't at all working, but it may be the right direction to take.

- Jordi G. H.