Re: mkoctfile urgently needs attention before Octave 3.6.0

From: c.
Subject: Re: mkoctfile urgently needs attention before Octave 3.6.0
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 23:43:54 +0100

On 29 Dec 2011, at 22:58, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> I'm not so sure about this... mkoctfile's -Wl options are really kind
> of broken, and I think that's where the fix should go. It's very
> awkward to pass options to the compiler with current mkoctfile. For
> example, -std=c++0x, my own personal peeve, is difficult to pass right
> now, and you have to resort to environment variables.

Jordi,

I see your point and I agree about fixing extra flags in mkoctfile, but will
this change go in 3.6?

If it won't I'd still like to push something similar to my patch it only
affects OSX systems and it
does work on those systems and it will avoid a lot of complaints about OF
packages not working on 3.6/OSX.

On the other hand ax_blas is a standard autoconf macro, so maybe the patch does
not belong in Octave?

> - Jordi G. H.
c.