Re: More on OSX build problems

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: More on OSX build problems
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:45:26 +0100

Am 06.01.2012 um 18:01 schrieb mlewis1973:

> embedded(85428) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fa0a9090a90: pointer being
> freed was not allocated
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Abort trap: 6
> }}}

Matthew,

this problem turned out to be a real showstopper, and it was only after several
days that I was finally able to fix it with Jarno's help. Here's what I did to
get it running under Snow Leopard:

I had to track down the library that was getting confused with the system
library. In my case, it turned out that the gfortran binary I had installed
drags around its own libstdc++.dylib in /usr/local/gfortran/lib, the system has
its own version in /usr/lib, and if you have gcc installed, you'll most likely
find another one in /usr/local/lib/ if you built from scratch, or some other
place if you use a packet manager.

In my case, to make sure that the gcc-version is used in favour of any other
version I think that I simply issued

export LDFLAGS="/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.dylib"

before ./configure, and all was fine ever after.

Good luck,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT Zentrum
Raum 543                       |        für Numerische Methoden
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen