Re: 3.6.0-rc0 and skipped tests

From: Rik
Subject: Re: 3.6.0-rc0 and skipped tests
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:13:37 -0800

From: Doug Stewart <address@hidden>
> I got:
>   PASS  10090
>   FAIL      0
>
> There were 2 expected failures (see fntests.log for details).
>

> But I also got 50 skipped tests  which I didn't get for 3.4.92
> all related to sparse.
>
>   ***** testif HAVE_UMFPACK ;# permuted LU
>  [L,U] = lu (bs);
>  assert (L*U, bs, 1e-10);
> ----- skipped test
>
> etc.
>
> Is this expected???
>
> Doug
1/10/12

Doug,

It's expected, but not right.  I recently added the ability to test for
multiple packages on a single %!testif line.  However, I wasn't trying to
implement a full parser and I wasn't stripping comments from the line
before processing it.  I checked in a change which does strip comments
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/68fd9f95e1f9).

Cheers,
Rik