Re: Octave 3.6.0-rc1 release candidate available for ftp

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.0-rc1 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 02:23:22 +0000

On 12 January 2012 21:45, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> The second release candidate of Octave 3.6.0 is now available from
> alpha.gnu.org in the directory /gnu/octave:
>
>  92d7ec90289ebecb2a5a22fc3074740c  octave-3.6.0-rc1.tar.gz
>
>  -rw-r--r-- 1 3003 3002 17878104 Jan 12 20:32 octave-3.6.0-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Even if you have been building Octave regularly from the Mercurial
> archive, it would help if you could build from this release candidate
> and report any problems.  We could especially use reports for Windows
> and OS X systems.
>
> Unless there is some significant problem with this release candidate,
> it will become Octave 3.6.0 in few days.
>
> jwe

I can report succcessful build, check (with no skipped tests) and
install in Debian squeeze (current stable).

For full disclosure, I had to build libarpack-dev and libqrupdate-dev
from source though (actually backported from debian testing). As far
as I remember, everything else on the system is from Debian stable
main repository.

Carnë