Re: Fwd: Merging in the gui branch

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Fwd: Merging in the gui branch
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:55:32 +0100

On 1/19/2012 7:32 PM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

The terminal is not working properly, I know that. I made a mistake with
that and I didn't have the time to make it undone again.

on cygwin, the terminal is not working at all: I can not write anything.
That it is a bit disappointing, but I have no time to understand
the root cause

      * If we are going with Qt for the GUI, then we need to use Qt for
        the graphics windows instead of FLTK.

I fully agree. Qt has the QGLWidget, which offers a simple way of using
OpenGL code directly in QWidgets.

      * The code must be integrated with the current sources and build
        system.  The GUI will be part of Octave, not a separate program,
        and it must be possible to build it in a separate directory tree
        as is usual with the GNU build system.

Well, I agree as long as I do not have to perform this task, which
probably will not be that easy at all.

I built the package in a separate build directory, so it is
already easy; however it should look on the octave src/build trees
and not on the installed copy of octave.

Regards
Marco