Octave GUI build

From: Robinson, Melvin D
Subject: Octave GUI build
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 19:48:28 +0000

I've been following this list and have almost finished the building the GUI; however, there is one small error when running start.sh:

./octave-gui: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From previous e-mails you have to tell the GUI where the Octave libraries are located, but where exactly do you do that?  I've set LIBS and even OCTAVE_LIBS to the right directory and rebuilt the GUI hoping that it would pick up the path, but no such luck to this point.

The path to liboctinterp.so.1 is /usr/local/lib/octave/3.6.0

What should I change?