Re: fail to compile mercurial code due to regex-match.cc error

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: fail to compile mercurial code due to regex-match.cc error
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:16:23 -0500

2012/1/23 Qianqian Fang <address@hidden>:
> On 01/23/2012 05:45 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

>>> the hg id output is dd3c5325039c+
>>
>> This is an old revision from September last year. When you do "hg
>> pull", you only get new revisions, but you don't update your working
>> directory to them. Do hg update after "hg pull" to update your code to
>> the revision you just pulled, or do "hg pull -u" to do it in one step.
>

> thanks for the explanation, I did run hg update previously,
> but it failed with the following message:
>
> pulling subrepo gnulib
> abort: repository [git]git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib not found!
>
> then I went to octave/gnulib and did a "git pull" manually
> and updated gnulib successfully. Is this sufficient?

No. hg is also managing the git subrepo, but will only work for hg
version 1.8 or higher. This may work for now, but it may introduce
other bugs in the future.

>> Also, the + indicates that you have modifications in your working
>> tree. If you try to update your working directory right now, you may
>> get conflicts between your changes and the tip revision on this branch
>> that you have just pulled. If you don't want to keep those changes,
>> you can do "hg up --clean", THIS WILL ERASE YOUR CHANGES, so be
>> careful. Use "hg status" and "hg diff" to inspect your changes.
>

> hg status shows 108 files with "!" at the beginning,
> not sure what that means.

It means you erased them. If you don't know what they are, you
probably do want to use the --clean command to restore them.

> Is this related to the hg version issue below? my hg is 1.4.3.

Unlikely. The version is mostly about properly managing the git subrepo.

- Jordi G. H.