Function "open"

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Function "open"
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:50:47 +0100

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct address to contribute with a function for octave... In any case, I attached to this e-mail a simple function "open" to open files from the octave command prompt, similar to the matlab function "open" and which is (to my knowledge) missing in octave. I might contribute further with similar simple functions for octave in the future, if this is ok. Cheers, Ismael.